U. OF Utah Historic Buildings Archive
Home Page

Bibliography

Building List

Campus Map

David P. Gardner Hall (1931)

Photograph of David P. Gardner Hall. Designed by the firm Ashton & Evans, Gardner Hall was built originally as the Union Building.32 In 1943 the college cafeteria, which was located in this building, was remodeled to function as a mess hall for the Army personnel housed on campus throughout WWII.6 p.67 At that same time, the top floor was turned into offices for the Ninth Service Command Personnel.6 It was renamed the Music Hall in 1957 and remained so until 1980 when the name was changed to Gardner Hall.14, 15, 29 This building is currently being renovated and added to. This work began in the Spring of 1997. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Revised
12 March 1998
Home Page | Bibliography | Building List | Campus Map