U. OF Utah Historic Buildings Archive
Home Page

Bibliography

Building List

Campus Map

Alfred Emery Building (1901)

Photograph of Alfred Emery Building. Designed by Richard Kletting, it was built to house the Normal School.32 A normal school was usually a two year school which trained mainly elementary teachers. The Industrial School was housed here after WWI, and in 1959 it was the Home Economics Building.5 p.358, 29 It was officially named the Alfred C. Emery Building in 1980.28 In 1982 it was remodeled, at which time it received an addition on the east side.32 It was used for instruction and research in 1989.4 It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Revised
12 March 1998
Home Page | Bibliography | Building List | Campus Map