U. OF Utah Historic Buildings Archive
Home Page

Bibliography

Building List

Campus Map

Public Safety (1943)

Photograph of 	Public Safety. Originally an administration building for the Army's motor repair area, this structure was acquired by the University of Utah in 1948. 4, 17 In 1950 the building was reconditioned for dance and speech, it was listed as being used for Physical Education in 1959 and 1961, and it was listed as the Security Building from 1969 to 1972.15, 17, 29, 32 This building has had an addition which was added after the historical period. However, the old and new are not visibly distinguishable from one another. The new addition was added on the north side in 1974 and in 1985 and 1989 it was listed as being used for institutional support as the Department of Public Safety.4, 18, 32

Previously #622

Revised
12 March 1998
Home Page | Bibliography | Building List | Campus Map